Press enter to search, esc to close
Harry is an experienced employment lawyer. He is also a former director of the Employment Lawyers Association and represented the South West region on its national management committee.
He has specialised as an employment lawyer since 2000 and he advises employers and senior executives on almost anything employment law related from recruitment to exit and employment disputes. In particular, Harry advises on the employment aspects of complex projects such as reorganisations, private and public sector outsourcings, mergers and acquisitions.
Harry trains HR teams and in-house lawyers and speaks at industry events and contribute articles to various publications.
He advises across a wide range of business sectors, including the financial services and technology sectors, and a wide range of employers from start-ups to multinationals and public sector bodies.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
• Defending European bank against complex whistleblowing and discrimination claims brought by financial controller and his assistant.
• Advising FTSE business on complex integration project alongside redundancy and furlough programmes.
• Advising NYSE business on urgent reorganisation across 16 jurisdictions in connection with USD1.1 billion share disposal
• Advised on the employment aspects, including TUPE, union relations and pay bargaining, of a strategic logistics outsourcing valued at approx. £900 million
• Advising high profile financial services organisation on sensitive discrimination complaints against senior management (including tribunal proceedings)
• Advising on the appointment of a replacement CEO for a price comparison website
• Defending global software business against age discrimination harassment claim (against HRD) on appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal
• Defending global logistics business against race discrimination claim via successful appeal to the Employment Appeal Tribunal
• Advising on several large and complex outsourcings for Cabinet Office/ Government Legal Department / Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime
“Harry's support and his strategic input were invaluable - he kept our minds focused on the competing risks and his common sense was critical to the successful conclusion.”global head of human resources, European bank