Leeanne joined TLT as a Legal Director in the Employment team in July 2018.
Leeanne has experience of advising a range of public and private sector clients on a broad range of employment issues.
Her experience includes support and representation of clients in the Industrial Tribunal and the Fair Employment Tribunal, TUPE, outsourcing, absence management, grievance and disciplinary procedures, redundancy, equality and diversity issues (including monitoring obligations). In addition, Leeanne has extensive experience supporting on employment aspects of multi million pound M&As. Leeanne's depth of experience enables her to bring a practical and commercial approach to the advice she provides to clients, including in the management of tribunal litigation, so as to provide the client with the most favourable and cost effective outcomes.
Her supervisor at TLT is Stuart McBride.
Jurisdiction: England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Preparation and delivery of training to a number of clients on a range of topics and case law updates including:
- on behalf of Queen's University Belfast, to students undertaking a masters in Human Resources Management, on important developments in Employment Law.
- to students of the Ulster Law Clinic covering the stages of a litigation in the Industrial Tribunal. This included the organisation of a mock tribunal session;
- preparation and delivery of training to delegates at the Legal Island Annual Review of Employment law, on whistleblowing in Northern Ireland
- Provision of legal advice and preparation of information/document packs in relation to the application of the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006 to the transfer of part of a business.
- Provision of legal advice and support to a client undertaking a widespread redundancy exercise, including preparation of information packs and guidance on preparation of a matrix and scoring, as well as assistance with the negotiation of senior director exit packages and compromise agreements.
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide employment advice on a multi-million pound acquisition by a global client. Work included carrying out due diligence and drafting/negotiating warranties and indemnities in the sale purchase agreement.
- Provision of advice on monitoring obligations for employers in Northern Ireland under the Fair Employment and Treatment Order 1998 and compliance with the Equality Commission's Fair Employment Code of Practice in respect of recruitment and selection procedures.
- Successful defence of a claim of unfair dismissal and multiple discrimination claims, on behalf of major UK retailer, in the Fair Employment Tribunal, and subsequent successful application and award of substantial costs.