Mark heads up our Corporate Tax and Real Estate Tax practice and has over fifteen years of experience and expertise in tax structuring and tax advisory work within these areas.
He has been recognised as an expert in tax by independent guides to the legal profession, as a ‘Next Generation Partner’ by Legal 500 UK 2022 and as ‘Up and Coming’ by Chambers UK 2022.
Mark has completed an LLM in Tax Law and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
His particular areas of expertise include:
- Advising individual shareholders on the capital gains tax and income tax implications of the acquisition, disposal or reorganisation of shares or securities.
- All aspects of real estate tax, including the Stamp Duty Land Tax, VAT, capital allowances and direct taxes implications of a range of property development projects, sales and acquisitions of commercial land, and student accommodation and other housing projects.
- Advising early stage and fast growth technology companies. This includes in particular the complexities of the tax reliefs available under EIS, SEIS and VCT schemes.
- Tax advice on the structure and documentation of mergers and acquisitions and different types of equity and debt restructuring.
- The full range of tax issues on different types of clean energy projects.