Roisin is a legal director in the Financial Services Disputes & Investigations team and has worked at TLT since 2013.
Roisin specialises in complex secured recoveries work, advising a broad range of clearing banks and other financial services providers.
She regularly advises clients in the banking sector on issues such as complex mortgage repossession claims, contentious LPA receivership, landlord and tenant issues and title rectification.
Roisin advises clients on cases involving significant reputational risks and on some of the most sensitive cases facing the FS industry.
Roisin has a particular understanding of a client’s perspective having undertaken a full time secondment for a major clearing bank.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Acting for a major clearing Bank in successfully defending a claim in the High Court which challenged the validity of the Bank’s security, setting a new and binding authority on the application of abuse of process of decisions of HM Land Registry
- Lead solicitor acting for lenders in test cases in the First Tier Property Tribunal in which borrowers unsuccessfully sought to challenge the validity of mortgage deeds .
- Acting for Receivers in a disputed receivership, which led to the realisation of a £3.5million asset.
- Acting for a Lender to advise on strategy for title rectification on a portfolio of properties following the transfer of a mortgage book where the original security had not been registered.
- Roisin regularly writes articles for Lexology and provides training for our strategic clients.