Based in the heart of the capital, where we're the go-to firm for leading UK and international financial services clients, we're also the firm of choice for a growing number of public and private sector clients.
From our office in the heart of London's financial district, our experts provide legal advice across the spectrum, from banking and finance transactions and dispute resolution to tech and IP, to clients ranging from central government departments to clearing banks, housing associations, NHS trusts, retail and digital powerhouses and more.
- Acting for a consortium of 13 Indian banks relating to the registration of an Indian Judgment in England & Wales against Dr Vijay Mallya and in obtaining a freezing injunction against him.
- Assisted clients in integrating and making greater use of the Open Banking initiative for distributing financial products through the application of the Payment Service Regulations.
- Reviewing and advising a number of firms on their compliance with the regulatory framework for consumer finance products, producing legal opinions or due diligence reports in advance of IPOs, securitisation, debt sales and internal transfers.
- Advising IDBI Bank in relation to enforcement action against a BVI-based borrower and Indian-based guarantor in relation to a US$90m loan default. Judgment was obtained against the borrower.
- Advising a number of firms on the implementation of new ‘buy now, pay later’ rules and persistent debt rules.
- Advising a challenger bank on a range of IP issues as it launches new products to markets and managing all the trade mark portfolio advice and management for a renowned financial products comparison site across all territories.