With over 20 years’ experience we have the specialist expertise to advise on all aspects of bioenergy projects across the range of technologies and the project life-cycle.
With over 20 years’ experience we have the specialist expertise to advise on all aspects of bioenergy projects across the range of technologies and the project life-cycle. Alongside providing advice in relation to project finance, digestate disposal, planning and environment regulation, grid connection and gas sale arrangements, we provide legal solutions on first-of-a-kind projects, developing the legal precedents and industry confidence required to help establish new technologies.
- First mover in bioenergy and subsequently being involved in over 150 UK projects
- Legal strategies and models for some of the UK's first alternative bioenergy projects
- First investment models for bioenergy on a debt funding and equity basis
- Creating market precedents for real estate, regulatory, construction, & fuel supply documents
- Specialist knowledge of advising in relation to private wire and corporate PPAs
We act for all parties involved in successful projects including developers, banks, investors, contractors and suppliers.
- Swen Capital Partners in relation to the development of an anaerobic digestion plant and biogas upgrading facility at Stanton Energy Plant. This has involved drafting, negotiating and advising on EPC contracts; O&M agreements; and securing connection to electricity and gas networks.
- Macquarie on the acquisition of a majority stake in BioCow. Bio Cow will use the significant investment to expand its existing operations as well as to support the completion of the UK’s first biomethane injection point into the national transmission grid as part of a pilot project with National Grid.
- Gresham House on its investment into a first-of-a-kind alternative fuel pelleting facility being developed by Waste Knot Energy, which will produce high-calorific value fuel from waste that would otherwise go to landfill.