Anand has over 6 years of experience in handling complex cross-border financing transactions and insolvency and restructuring mandates.
Anand has previously worked with ICICI Bank Limited in Mumbai, India, a leading private sector bank, followed by IndusLaw in Mumbai, India, a leading law firm in India. Given his experience of working in-house as well as under law firm set-up, he has gained excellent insights of clients’ expectations and priorities. Anand specialises in cross-border debt financing, project financing, asset financing, external commercial borrowings, Indian insolvency and bankruptcy laws, cross-border enforcement work and transaction structuring. He has represented a wide array of lenders, NBFCs, financial institutions and debt funds in India.
What clients say
“Understands client requirements, has a shorter turnaround time from other firms, and offers expert opinions on various matters” – Asia Law 2020.
“Dedicated, sincere and high-quality professionalism” – Asia Law 2020.
“Good quality of service and turnaround time” – Asia Law 2020.
- Represented a leading Indian bank with respect to its foreign currency term loan of US$ 77 million towards setting-up of a power project by a company registered under the law of Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates, fully owned subsidiary of an Indian company. The facility was administered through the lender’s GIFT city, IFSC IBU in Gujarat, India. The transaction involved English law, Indian law and UAE law.The deal is featured in the Legal500 Asia-pacific 2020 edition.
- Represented IndusInd Bank Limited, a leading Indian bank with respect to a rupee term loan financing to KC Maritime, a part of Hong Kong-based Kishinchand Chellaram Group, for the purchase of a shipping vessel registered in Cyprus and to be chartered in India to Ambuja Cement as a cement carrier. The transaction involved English law, Indian law and Cypriot law. The deal is featured in Asia Law 2020 edition.
- Advised and represented the National Bank of Fujairah, UAE in relation to its claim of approximately US$ 27 million against an IL&FS group entity during the liquidation process under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 in India.
- Represented a US-based hedge fund concerning the debt it owned in the distressed assets of Essar Steel India. The deal is featured in Asia Law 2020 edition.
- Assisted a leading multi-national company in financial due-diligence of another leading multi-national company (target company), both engaged in manufacturing sector in a timely manner and thereafter advised on closing documentation from Indian law perspective. The target company had operations across 4 jurisdictions, hence the deal was fairly complex.
- Advised IndusInd Bank Limited on its term loan financing to Senvion Wind Technology. The deal is featured in the Legal500 Asia-pacific 2020 edition.