Charlotte provides advice to public and private sector clients on both contentious and non-contentious construction matters.
Charlotte has acted as lead associate in proceedings in the High Court (Technology and Construction Court). She also has experience in adjudication and mediation, as well as providing early-stage strategic advice and dispute avoidance support.
Charlotte has undertaken extensive work in relation to fire safety, defects and final account claims, often liaising closely with quantum and technical experts to advise clients on their options for recovery. She has also provided advice to clients on the options for termination of a contract, including for poor contractor performance and contractor insolvency.
On a transactional level, Charlotte has provided advice at the contract drafting stage as well as support in the preparation and execution of contract documents.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Representing a Local Authority in proceedings in the High Court (Technology and Construction Court) in relation to a 7-year term maintenance partnering contract for repairs and maintenance of the authority’s housing stock.
- Advising a social housing provider in relation to pursuing claims against insurers to an insolvent building contractor.
- Acting in adjudication for clients as both Referring and Responding Parties on matters including defective works, alleged late payment and incomplete works.
- Advising clients on a variety of issues including defects, payment disputes and termination under JCT, NEC and bespoke forms of contract.
- Providing support to a Local Authority in relation to the preparation of its contracts for some of its Major Works and Regeneration projects.