Ed is a data protection and IT contracts lawyer who has significant experience from senior in-house leadership positions with global companies.
Ed frequently advises organisations in the Digital, Leisure & Retail, Financial Services, and Public Sectors. On data protection Ed advises on complex impact assessment, breach management, international transfer, audit, and compliance arrangements. On IT contracts Ed advises on high-value transformational IT projects. Ed regularly advises on developments in AI, and preparing organisations for dealing with the changes that legislative developments in that area are bringing.
Ed is a member of the Society for Computers and Law, and regularly writes for industry publications on policy and legislative developments in the IT and data protection areas.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Advising a UK retailer on its programme to update its international data transfer arrangements to achieve compliance with data protection law requirements following regulatory changes.
- Advising a number of police forces on various aspects of data protection compliance, including conduct of data protection impact assessments, management of high volumes of subject access requests, and remediation of data processing contracts with third party suppliers and data sharing agreements with other public sector organisations.
- Advising a UK public authority on a global outsourcing programme associated with the UK’s border security arrangements.
- Advising a global retailer on £100m+ of long-term IT services contracts associated with a complete e-commerce re-platforming, support and maintenance, and ongoing development.
- Advising a pension trustee company on its management of a significant high-profile data breach affecting members suffered by a third party administration services provider