Emily is an Associate in the Regulatory team.
Her experience covers a wide range of regulatory and competition matters, with a particular focus on consumer and advertising law and financial crime. Emily has particular experience in supporting clients during complex investigations brought by a variety of regulators including the Competition and Markets Authority, the Serious Fraud Office and the Environment Agency. Emily advises clients at all stages of an investigation and any subsequent prosecution, from responding to information requests and interviews under caution right through to sentencing hearings. Emily also provides compliance and general behavioural advice, focussing mainly on the following areas:
- Compliance with the Consumer Rights Act, Consumer Contracts Regulations and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations;
- Advertising law, including compliance with the CAP Code and ASA investigations;
- Product liability, including compliance with the General Product Safety Regulations; and
- Anti-Bribery and corruption.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advising on the CMA's first "greenwashing" consumer protection enforcement case in the fashion sector.Acted for a director of a corporate facing Director Disqualification proceedings following a CMA infringement decision.
- Secured the acquittal of a former employee of a leading global security company who was facing prosecution by the SFO on seven counts of fraud alleged to have been committed against the Ministry of Justice.
- Acted for a leading online fashion group in relation to an independent Modern Slavery Act Compliance review which focussed on the practices employed by the group’s suppliers. The investigation focussed, in particular, on working conditions, breaches of minimum wage and health and fire safety breaches.