Luke advises on complex and high value litigation matters for clients in the financial services industry, both as claimant and defendant.
Luke advises on complex and high value matters for clients in the financial services industry. Luke has specialist experience of matters involving financial crime, including:
- Fraud, including the full spectrum of financial scams and cryptocurrencies;
- Anti-money laundering;
- Counter-terrorist financing;
Luke’s advice on these matters relate to breach of duty / contract and potential regulatory breaches.
Luke also has experience of data protection and privacy claims and actions brought under the Equality Act 2010.
Having undertaken a number of secondments into in-house legal teams, Luke has a deep understanding of his clients’ businesses and has built strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Luke has particular expertise in providing strategic advice and support on internal complaints processes and large-scale remediation projects.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- 12 month secondment into major international bank’s financial crime legal team. Providing strategic advice to key stakeholders on financial crime, litigation and regulatory risks.
- Advising on the POCA provisions for information sharing between banks to enable a combined suspicious activity report to be submitted to the NCA.
- Providing strategic advice on a client’s approach to recovery and enforcement of coronavirus support loans that appear to have been obtained fraudulently.
- Advising an industry body on proposed legislation and how it could best tackle online financial crime in the UK.
- Team Leader on a commercially sensitive and high-profile project with major bank. Seconded into various roles to provide strategic advice and implement new processes and procedures.