Mark is a partner, leading our Corporate Tax practice, with over twelve years' experience in advising on all aspects of Corporate Tax, including direct taxes, value added tax, and stamp duties.
Mark has been independently recognised as an 'Associate to Watch' by Chambers UK, a guide to the legal profession. He has also completed an LLM in Tax Law and is a member of the Stamp Taxes Practitioners Group and the EIS Association.
Jurisdiction: England & Wales
- Advising individual shareholders on the capital gains tax and income tax implications of the acquisition, disposal or reorganisation of shares or securities.
- Advising private equity houses on tax structuring issues on the acquisition of companies pursuant to management buy outs and otherwise.
- Advising early stage and fast growth technology companies. This includes in particular the complexities of the tax reliefs available under EIS, SEIS and VCT schemes, in which Mark has a particular interest.
- Tax advice on the structure and documentation of mergers and acquisitions and different types of equity and debt restructuring.
- All aspects of real estate tax, including the Stamp Duty Land Tax, VAT, capital allowances and direct taxes implications of a range of property development projects, sales and acquisitions of commercial land, and student accommodation and other housing projects.
- The full range of tax issues on different types of renewables projects.