Matt is a Managing Associate in the Commercial Dispute Resolution team.
Matt has experience in a wide variety of commercial disputes, acting for both private and public sector clients on both the claimant and defendant side. Matt regularly advises on complex contract claims, procurement challenges, IT disputes, restrictive covenants, partnership and director/shareholder disputes.
Matt conducts litigation at all levels in the civil courts. He also has extensive experience in resolving disputes outside of litigation, particularly through mediation where he focuses on achieving a good commercial settlement for his clients.
Matt undertook a successful secondment to the Government Legal Department where he led a team assisting the Government in its response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Jurisdiction: England and Wales
- Acted for successful Respondents in a complex cross jurisdictional shareholder dispute, securing an order for sale of the Petitioners shareholding and compensation for breaches of duty.
- Acted for a major police force in defending a procurement challenge relating to the appointment of a facilities management integrator.
- Acted for a group of six companies in a complex cross jurisdictional partnership dispute, successfully compromising the claim.
- Advised a public sector body in relation to a substantive claim and counterclaim arising from an outsourcing contract for the supply of facilities maintenance services.
- Acted for the purchaser of a multi-million pound business in a successful claim for misrepresentation against its former owners.