Nick is an Australian-qualified solicitor who, following his admission in 2005 and practice in Western Australia, relocated to England in January 2019.
Benefiting from a singular focus on Family Law, throughout the course of his career, Nick continues to regularly assist clients in relation to divorce, financial settlement for both married and unmarried couples, pre and post-nuptial agreements, spousal maintenance, child arrangements, child maintenance and Hague Convention matters.
Nick has a wealth of experience with respect to financial remedies, ranging from straightforward to complex matters, including tax-effective division of trusts, businesses and companies.
He is a member of Resolution and, recognising that each client has unique priorities, values and needs, provides a bespoke service to assist clients to achieve goals specific to their circumstances.
Jurisdiction: Australia, England and Wales
- Assisting a client to contest her former spouse’s application to vary an existing maintenance order in her favour while simultaneously enforcing the terms of the existing order.
- Assisting a client to preserve his interest in, as well as the ongoing operations of, the family business.
- Assisting a client who gave up her career to focus on running the family household to achieve financial independence following the £1m sale of the family business.
- Assisting a non-married client to secure her entitlement in the parties’ former home when her former partner asserted a greater ownership of it.
- Assisting a client to establish her spouse’s interest in a family trust and accordingly secure a greater proportion of the matrimonial assets to offset that interest.