Our top takeaways from our latest Pensions Ombudsman Update include:
- Know your automatic enrolment duties, and act on them; failures are unlikely to be excused
- Review whether you are exercising discretions properly, and avoid decisions being overturned
- Ensure you communicate scheme changes well, and to the right people
- Check your scheme’s implementation procedures for pension sharing orders
- Follow up with members when they raise concerns about potential benefit errors
Plus – be aware of some recent publications from the Ombudsman.