Press enter to search, esc to close
We hope this helps you understand and prepare for any risks in your business. If you’d like to discuss the issues further, please get in touch.
The approach to mediation has changed in recent years with more mediations resulting in settlement either on the day or shortly thereafter. We have also seen a more collaborative approach adopted by the parties and their legal teams.
With the UK heading into recession, this episode of CDR in 10 gives some practical advice on how to manage disputes in an economic downturn, including what businesses can do now to prevent a dispute from occurring and the types of claims we expect to see more of in the coming months.
Chris Owen and Alice Mete also discuss:
This episode was recorded on 23 November 2022.
Warranty claims arise when the buyer of a business takes over the running and finds that everything wasn’t as expected, and we expect to see more of these in the coming months.
In this episode, Ken Ross and Ed Fiddick discuss:
In this episode, Tori Mills asks Kate Ward about the growing number of data breach claims and how businesses can make it easier – or harder – on themselves when deciding how to respond. They discuss:
• Why the courts are like the “Wild West” and pre-cursors to litigation
• The need to interrogate complaints despite customer service teams’ goodwill gestures
• Practical advice for dealing with claims head on to minimise risk
• Practical considerations regarding small claims versus the High Court
• Defending a claim versus settlement
News 05 SEPTEMBER 2023